Full of protein, calcium, vitamin D, and probiotics (the healthy bacteria that aid digestion), there’s no doubt yogurt provides delicious benefits for your insides. But it can also do beauty wonders for your outsides as well especially your skin.
Yogurt contains lactic acid which is an alpha hydroxy acid, that can dissolve dead skin cells. This gentle exfoliation not only helps to create a natural glow and prevent breakouts, but works to diminish the appearance of lines and wrinkles. When topically applied to the skin, a velvety yogurt face mask will help moisturize, fight acne, prevent premature aging, relieve sunburn, and reduce discoloration. It’s an all-around beauty multitasker.
Yogurt Mask Recipe DIY:
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon oats
- 1 teaspoon honey
- squeeze of lemon (careful to mix well and keep away from eyes!)
- Combine all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl and mix well.
- Apply a thick coat to your face with clean finger tips. Let it settle for 15 minutes.
- When the time is up, gently rinse your face with warm water and ensure the entire mask comes off.
- Splash cold water on your face to close up your pores. Pat dry with a soft clean towel.